Often we come across a lot of clothes that we like a lot but can not buy because they might not fit on us. But, everything we might not have to do this if only we know the right ways to make it perfect. Although, this might won’t work if you have found something that is smaller than your exact size, however, if the size is big than your usual size, you require to know How To Taper Jeans we can obviously do something about it.
First of all, jeans are the most comfortable style of new generation women and it’s because of nothing but the comfort it provides us all day long. Hence, you might see jeans and like a lot but certainly, the size is a bit bigger than your actual waist size so it’s obvious that you can not buy it. We will make it not-so-obvious here in this article. Taped jeans are very popular among young stars because they will give you a clean yet very stylish look.
In case, you don’t know that How To Taper Jeans has literally found its own way and the way is very much exciting as well. They are very comfortable at the thigh are but are tapered towards the ankle and that’s something that makes the difference. Let’s not ado further!
How To Hem Jeans?
The way of Hemming Jeans basically varies from one tailor to another. But, if you are going to alter your jeans or even taper, you will see a huge change in the fittings and that’s quite obvious. But, the hem is the easiest option is any of these cases and the best part is, you can do it at home too. The process is given below.
- First of all, you need to measure the size of the jeans you have recently bought so that you can get the measure of how much shorter you should do!
- Once you are done, the next part would be, pinning the cuff for both of the legs.
- After this, you can sew maintaining a line all the way around the measured cuff.
- Next, you need to fold the cuff back down and now, you are done.
Hence, the process is so simple that you can try it at home if you have very basic knowledge of sewing otherwise we would suggest you give it to a tailor for a better result. However, it will hardly take half an hour to an hour to make the jeans perfect as you want.
How To Taper Jeans?
First of all, this part is not at all easy as you think rather you need a lot of equipment to make it possible. So, if you do not have any idea about sewing or anything then you should definitely give it to the nearest tailor.
|How To Taper Your Jeans||Discussion|
|How To Hem Jeans?||We have discussed the process in this article.|
|How To Taper Jeans?||Tapering jeans is not as easy as you think hence, you need to follow the steps wisely.|
|How Much Does It Cost To Taper Jeans?||The cost should be around $40-50.|
|How To Taper Jeans Without Sewing Machine?||This is something really difficult and you should avoid.|
|How To Taper Jeans At The Ankle?||The process is kind of the same so, follow the steps.|
Equipment you will need to taping jeans are given below:
- Seam Ripper
- Matching Thread
- Sewing machine.
We will take you through the basic process of doing this at home.
- You need to undo the hem with the help of a seam ripper that is already done on the leg portion of the jeans.
- Now, you need to put the jeans on, inside out thoroughly.
- You need to use the pins and mark through the outside seam of the leg and measure how much you want to take in. You should not do this process but not equally as imperfection is okay here.
- Now see, if you are happy about how the pins look and the fit of course. The knee part is very important and you need to notice them very carefully and if you need any change, then do it until you are satisfied with the result.
- If you want, you can use the chalk to draw a line over the pins to make it more visible.
- Now, you need to sew a straight line following the pins.
- You need to try the jeans once again now, and see if you are happy about the fittings or not! Make sure that you are really happy about the fittings.
- Now, you need to take the scissors and cut the excess part off from both legs. However, you should be leaving ½ of the seam allowance on the outside of each stitch line.
- Now, take a hot iron and press the seam allowance thoroughly and you should never ever miss this step. It will give your jeans the ultimate professional like finish.
- Once, you are done now you need to finish the raw edges of the seam allowance so that it makes no further fraying.
- After the stitches are done, you need to take the iron once again and press the seam allowance to one side and fold the hem back into its own place.
- Now, the hem part is very important because here you need to top stitch the hem over the actual seam line very wisely.
- Last but not the least, give everything a perfect press and ta-da, you are finally done and sat confidently about My tailor Jeans!
Hence, we have elaborated the whole step and you can obviously try them at home but if only you are confident about it. Otherwise, you will end up ruining your favorite jeans, no doubt!
How Much Does It Cost To Taper Jeans?
In case, you are really worried about “How Much To Taper Jeans?” and that is why you want to do it your own, then you should get your facts clear first. Nowadays, the jeans need s to be tapered anywhere from 13 to 15 inches and if this matches your case too, then you will never ever require more than $40-50 for one pair of jeans and you should never give the excess to the tailor. You can rather ask two or three tailors and check out their price and notice the difference.
How To Taper Jeans Without Sewing Machine?
When it comes to tapering your jeans you should know that the Outseam part plays a major role and you should have all the knowledge about this otherwise you should never evert try this at home. However, tapering without a sewing machine would be a really difficult job and you should definitely avoid this if you don’t want to ruin your favorite jeans.
How To Taper Jeans At The Ankle?
Around the ankle part, you should always do hem because that will give you the ultimate clean look, exactly like you want! We have already discussed the most simple and easy way to taper and you need to follow exactly the same things for tapering at the ankle as well.
However, tapering jeans has become very common as it’s hard to find the right shape even if you go for a straight fit, you might not be fit in them as well. We all have different body shapes and that plays a major role behind this. So, you should definitely never throw the favorite jeans but make it perfect!