D23: Disney/Pixar’s INSIDE OUT Blu-ray Release Details
From the minds of Disney/Pixar comes Inside Out, the smash-hit animated film of the summer that showed us how our emotions really work.
You can bring Joy, Sadness, Disgust, Fear, and Anger home on 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, and DVD starting November 3rd. Inside Out will be available digitally via Disney Movies Anywhere starting October 13th.
In addition to the 2D Blu-ray/DVD/Digital combo pack pictured above, Inside Out will be available in a 3D/2D/DVD/Digital combo pack. Retailer exclusives are currently unknown, but have no fear: Red Carpet Refs will keep you updated with a comprehensive list of retailer exclusives once they become available.
The Inside Out Blu-ray release will come with a joyful amount of bonus features, including an all new, original short film from the world of Inside Out: “Riley’s First Date.” Also included will be new featurettes, as well as the theatrical animated short, Lava.
From the official press release:
“One of the best movies of the year”
–Chicago Sun-Times/Richard Roeper
“A flat out masterpiece”
–Rolling Stone/Peter Travers
From the Imaginative Minds of Disney-Pixar
Comes a Major “Emotion” Picture Beyond Compare!
Along with an all-new animated short “Riley’s First Date?”
And an extensive line-up of bonus features
On Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere October 13
On Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and On Demand November 3
SYNOPSIS: Do you ever look at someone and wonder what’s going on inside their head? Disney-Pixar’s “Inside Out” takes an exciting and hilarious journey into the mind to find the answer. Based in Headquarters, the control center of 11-year-old Riley’s mind, five emotions are hard at work, led by lighthearted optimist Joy. She strives to make sure Riley stays happy as she operates alongside fellow emotions Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness. It’s “an instant classic,” raves Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun-Times. Experience it like never before on Disney Blu-ray!
CAST: Amy Poehler (“Freebirds,” TV’s “Parks and Recreation”) as Joy; Bill Hader (Monsters University, TV’s “Saturday Night Live”) as Fear; Phyllis Smith (“Bad Teacher,” TV’s “The Office”) as Sadness; Lewis Black(“The Aristocrats,” TV’s “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart”) as Anger; Mindy Kaling (“Wreck-It Ralph,” TV’s “The Office”) as Disgust; Richard Kind (A Bug’s Life, TV’s “Spin City”) as Bing Bong; Kaitlyn Dias (voice acting debut) as the voice of Riley
EXEC. PRODUCERS: John Lasseter (“Toy Story,” “Cars”) and Andrew Stanton (“Up” “Ratatouille”)
PRODUCER: Jonas Rivera (“Up,” “Toy Story 2”)
CO-DIRECTOR: Ronnie Del Carmen (Dug’s Special Mission video short and TV’s “Freakazoid!”)
DIRECTOR: Pete Docter (“Up,” “Monsters, Inc.”)
RELEASE DATES: October 13, 2015 – Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere
November 3, 2015 – Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and On Demand
PRODUCTS: Digital HD, Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA), Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand
BONUS: Digital HD*, Blu-ray Combo Pack & Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA)
· Riley’s First Date? (In-Home Exclusive Animated Short Film) – Riley, now 12, is hanging out at home with her parents in San Francisco when potential trouble comes knocking: a boy shows up at the door. Can Mom and Dad’s emotions handle “Riley’s First Date?”
· LAVA (Theatrical Short Film) – Inspired by the isolated beauty of tropical islands and the explosive allure of ocean volcanoes, LAVA is a musical love story that takes place over millions of years.
· Story of the Story – Director Pete Docter talks about the evolution of Inside Out, from the ideas and memories that inspired the story through the hurdles, explorations and experiences that helped shape it into the film it is today.
· Paths to Pixar: The Women of Inside Out – Inside Out filmmakers, from voice actors to animators to production crew, talk about their paths, their goals, the challenges they’ve faced and the lessons they’ve learned along the way
· Mixed Emotions – Inside Out‘s filmmakers talk about how they decided which emotions to focus on in the story and how they went about creating each one’s distinct personality and visual identity
· Mapping the Mind – Inside Out‘s artists take you through the years-long process of designing and creating a world everyone knows, but no one has ever seen – the human mind.
· Our Dads, the Filmmakers – Elie Docter (daughter of director, Pete Docter) and Grace Giacchino (daughter of composer, Michael Giacchino) bring you behind the scenes for an inside look at the making of the film.
· Into the Unknown: The Sound of Inside Out – What is the sound of a memory forming? Sound designer Ren Klyce describes the challenges – and the unique solutions – involved in creating the aural world of Inside Out.
· The Misunderstood Art of Animation Film Editing – Learn more about the crucial role of an animation film editor, who helps take the story from its earliest, most exploratory versions, to the final, polished film you see onscreen.
· Deleted Scenes
Ø Riley Grows Up – In this scene from a version of the film where the primary relationship was between Joy and Fear (then named Freddie), the emotions begin to notice a change in Riley.
Ø Joy’s Decline – Joy’s struggles to make sense of the limitations on Riley’s behavior that seem to be springing up at every turn.
Ø Misdirection –Joy and Freddie encounter a group of Riley’s “retired” imaginary friends, including an early version of Big Bong.
Ø Construction – Joy is guided through Riley’s mind by a radical non-conformist, Bing Bong, outraged by the demolition of older areas like Imagination Park.
· Commentary – Commentary includes participation from directors Pete Docter and Ronnie del Carmen, and producer Jonas Rivera.
· Mind Candy – A montage of toolkit and interstitials produced for Inside Out.
· Inside Out Trailers – A collection of domestic and international trailers made for Inside Out.
*Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer
· Designing Abstract Thought – Inside Out character designer Albert Lozano describes the challenging, exciting and appropriately nonlinear process of designing the films “Abstract Thought” sequence.
· Deleted Scenes
Ø Joy Alone – Pursuing a lost memory underneath the ocean, Joy is given a chance to fulfill her heart’s desire.
Ø Imagination Park – Joy is chased through a reactivated Imagination Park by an antagonistic Freddie.
You can watch the official Blu-ray trailer below!
Like what you read? Make sure to hit one of the SHARE buttons at the top/bottom of the page!
I’m all about movie news, movie reviews, and writing about the movies I see. You can follow me on Twitter at @SinCityCam.